Sunday, September 7, 2008

God's Timing

Again the words of my Mother plague the mind as any maternal parent would hope. She said me to, "There is a difference between 'needs' and 'wants'. I don't need you in my life, but I do want you in my life. God doesn't give you what you want, but He gives you what you need." While these words may seem somewhat harsh to the reader, but they are truly words of love. Also you have to understand the context of the situation. Mother and I were in a bit of a heated debate (over what I don't remember), but those words have stuck with me.

Now putting this in the setting of God's Timing. While I have never been a fan of God's Timing because I have control issues and I want to control my timing. All because God has a different plan for me. Take for instance the current situation I am in.... I am attracted to a girl that I have recently met. (this is where the catch 22 fall into place) But hypothetically we would have never met had I never left Lubbock, and now I live where I do... we have met and now I want to be back in Lubbock.

How is it that God give you what you need not what you want? The Creator knows you better than you know yourself, but I have seen myself for 23 years. In fact I wake up to myself everyday... Go figure. Does he completely ignore the prayers of a person's wants to only give you what you need?

This could be labeled as a control freaks outburst in frustration for it has been revealed of the little control that i actually have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know the feeling...i struggle with that everyday and i never understand it. i love controlling my life and when i don't have that control i freak out and i still haven't learned how to just let go...and everytime i do (for the little bit that i can allow to let go before i go back and take control of my life..haha) everything just falls into place. it'll work in the best way possible.